Paddle Sport Leader Assessment (1 Day)
This one-day assessment is to assess you against the criteria for you to lead groups on sheltered water.
This one-day course will look at all aspects of the BC Paddlesport Leader Award. The Paddlesport Leader Award is a non-discipline specific award – in that you can choose what craft you would like to paddles and be assessed in the appropriate environment. For the BC Paddlesport Leader Award you will be based in the appropriate sheltered water environment which includes slow moving water and wind effected open water.
- Candidates should have registered with the NGB prior to attending assessment
- Valid (within 3 years) 1 day first aid award
- Home Nation Association Membership
- Candidates must be aged 16 or over at time of assessment.
- Note that you cannot be deemed responsible for leadership by law until you turn 18 years of age.
The assessment will include personal paddling, equipment awareness, environmental awareness and supporting knowledge. In addition to this safety and rescue will be covered along with leadership of a group of four paddlers.
The course will finish by giving you clear feedback and an action plan to enable you to continue progressing your paddling skills, along with hopefully awarding you with your BC Paddlesport Leader Award.
£150 per person
How to Book
To book please email email@example.com or call the office on 01622816723
For further information and more detailed syllabus please contact the British Canoeing on 0300 0119 500 or call our office on 01622816723.